Our parish mission is to be:
A nurturing Christian Community growing in faith by sharing the welcome of a loving God in the world.
St. Andrew’s Outreach Efforts
We are committed to a variety of ongoing outreach ministries. Yet, we are always prayerfully listening for new ways to be Jesus’ hands and feet in the world. Traditionally our efforts have focused upon the immediate Derby area, but extend throughout the Diocese of Kansas and into parts of the world.
These are examples of ongoing projects and programs which are parish supports:
- We purchase, individually wrap and deliver a set of hat and gloves to Kindergarteners and 1st Graders at Pleasantview Elementary School and a personal gift to every resident of the Westview Nursing Home at Christmas.
- Food for the Derby Food Pantry, is donated month by month. We support the pantry year around.
- Household, kitchen and baby items are regularly donated for Youth who have “aged” out of foster care.
- Support for Episcopal Social Services, with financial gifts, food, and volunteer gifts of time.
- Girl Scout Troops and leaders meet at St. Andrew’s, weekly.
- We proudly sponsor Boy Scout Troop 247 and Cub Pack 247.
- Our Youth Group and adult sponsors provide healthy meals for guests of the Wichita Homeless Overflow Shelter.
- We provide substitute coverage for Sandwich Saturday at St. John’s Wichita.
- Women For Women: We help women seeking employment or who may be ready for a job change.
- We have volunteers at the Lord’s Diner, Breakthrough Wichita, Meals on Wheels and numerous others that serve the surrounding community.
SANTA and MRS. CLAUS (Parishioners) were busier than elves in December delivering gifts to Pleasantview Elementary School. Every kindergarten and first grade student received a hat, gloves, candy cane and pencils. The items were donated and wrapped by parishioners as one of St Andrews’ many outreach projects in the community.